View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky86 View Post
What carb? OEM average is 25.00 Sounds like you got a carb that fits a MS250. If you bought a Windsor/Calton brand chain, Stihl chain is a least worth 100% more. Oregon only about 50. Good you got a deal. Lowballing whores. It ever happen in your line of work? Yes? One might think all landscapers are thieves No?
Well, it seems that the general public does think we are all thieves, but hey what are you going to do ?

Over inflated prices and labor? I don't know if its overinflated or not but we were quoted $200 to replace the carb on the above mentioned blower. Not worth it. Paid around $60 for the carb and fuel lines and did it myself. Same Dealer sold me a primer for $15.68, I bought the wrong one (black bottom) so I went to the ace nearest the house and paid $11.50. Returned the wrong part last week and was quoted the same price ($15.68) for the white bottom. The Walbro part 188-512-1 will fit the Br600 just fine and I can buy those in bulk (10) for $3.00 ea.

Maybe i'm just jewish, but all the secrecy, lack of easily available parts list, etc is frustrating.

Another example, Not too long ago I had to replace the throttle cable on an FS90/FC90 (dont remember) because it was frayed where it runs over the top of the carb. New cable comes with a protective sleeve to help prevent this problem. Obviously Stihl recognized that this was an problem and fixed it. Good for them, but why should I have to pay for that. Maybe not worth a general recall, but when the cable frays they should warranty that.

Anyway, just my opinion, and like I said, maybe I am just a cheap bastard.

Page generated in 0.04080 seconds with 7 queries