View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
Irritech....businesses don't stay in business if they don't make money...
No reason to trash the local dealer for his pricing...He has to buy parts from the OEM ...at prices set by the OEM..
He probably paid more for the primer than you bought it for when you shopped around.
.I really get a kick out of all guys that have a trailer full of eqpt and some accounts...and think they know more about business than Donald Trump...
The fact is....the reason most people pick a career in lawn maintenance...is because they don't want to have to pass a drug test ..or a background check...or of course if they are mexicans...
Until you have run a bricks and mortar business...and tried to make a profit while employing more than. 10 people...you will never comprehend the challenges and sacrifices that are a daily part of business...Until then...stay online and out of the stores...
You misread the post. I was not trashing the dealer, simply pointing out the total inconsistency of Stihl. When the suggested retail price is 33% cheaper than what I am being charged i get a bit aggravated. The lack of a parts list means that I have to take time to go by the dealer and order parts, and time is money. Think about a regular mechanic who had to go to napa everytime he needed a part, because only napa could sell the part and only napa knew what the part was.

On another note, most of these guys on here are so small they cannot afford a full time mechanic. Many companies do employ full time mechanics. Do you have a problem with them? This business is about the bottom line, which is getting smaller all the time. If we can do our own wrenching then there is more money for everyone, and when one brand in particular tries to keep me from doing that it ticks me off.

And I will do everything I can to stay online and out of the stores. Makes perfect financial sense to me.

Page generated in 0.03881 seconds with 7 queries