View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf hokie View Post
See the answer below, it is direct from my sales rep.

1. Essential Oils open the pores in the weeds. This in turn means more product enters the plant so you need less to control.

2. Our compost tea contains organic Auxins. Dicamba which is a component of three way type herbicides is a synthetic Auxin or growth regulator. When you combine the two you get a synergistic result.

3. Sugars in our product increase the elasticity of the pre-emergent barrier.

Reduction in usage is not seen in all pesticides.
Thanks for the response,,, definately something to consider...

Spraying weeds with open pores is definately better than closed pores, so that could make sense... I would think 'Timing" would be an issue, however...

The interaction between auxins and Dicamba is something that I'd have to research... As I recall, Dicamba was one element especially effective on Creeping Charlie, so perhaps I should research 'auxins'...

The "Elasticity" of the pre-m barrier is something that indicates that the "Barrier" is a real physical barrier created by the pre-m... Of course there is no such barrier in that sense, only the dissolved AI spread evenly across the surface of the soil, hoping to be ingested by as many germinating seeds as possible...

Page generated in 0.04015 seconds with 7 queries