View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Someone here likes to Assume.... so let me clarify. I run crews...no i am NOT solo. Now....when bidding a property...i go bid based on one person.... and charge based on 60-75 pmh. In theory if one man takes an hour...two should take 30 mins. Well those of us that run crews know that isnt alwsys the case. I do find it interesting yoy say 4 guys and 30 minutes isnt worth 140 bucks. Why not? If not...i wouldnt run 4 men....sounds like the property doesnt support it. Guys....wake up. You are undermining the industry and arent profiting at the end. I am telling you... run the numbers. What is Your Operating Cost??? Can you cut for 35 or 40 pmh and make monry? No. If one of my CREWS show up and do a residential in a 1/3 acre type setting.taking only 30 mins. ...i am getting $60. That minimum. Let me further complicate your issue.....do u charge the same rates for each person? If u are running crews (3 person or more). You may have to factor in the trim guys. No i dont expect to get 75 pmh on him. When i bid a property it is more to it than just how long. It is factoring in which route will it be on...how many guys on that crew...mowers/ trimmers needed...total services we are selling....it all factors in. Bottom line... bid based on one man....and 75 pmh. That doesnt mean at the end of the day my crew made 75 pmh...but thats how i bid. And if we do job pr hr...it is 60-75...depending on machines needed. 75.....that accounting for a mowing machine. If you ask me to bid just a weed trimming job....prob be more like 50 pmh. There is no one size fits all....but u gotta understand cost...and running a mower and only getting 35 pmh ...thats whats crazy.
Now to validate myself so cp isnt confused...6 men..three trucks. 3 exmarks lazers...1 toro walkbehind..3 walkers.
My client list includes high end residential... also Target center...lowes x2. Rite aid x3. Zaxbys x2. Ryans. Kohls x3 (adding 4 in spring). And many many more. We work 50 hrs a week....and we do more than just cover cost.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03756 seconds with 7 queries