View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Trademarking issue plz help

I had a logo made based off of an image I had seen on my kids outdoor fort. Pretty much a "four seasons" image with a leaf, sun, flower and snowflake. I hired a graphic designer from my wife's work. I told her I wanted her to make sure it was alright trademark wise. So I get a call from a national company with local HQ that seen my card somewhere and said it was "borderline copyright infingement." I apologized and explained that it was unitentional and he didnt seem to care since when I asked if he wanted me to change it he said "no not a big deal." He also told me to drop of some cards since I do gutters and tree trimming they have a lot of their clients that need those services. I never made it out there to do this. It wouldn't be too much trouble to change it but I have since googled "four seasons" (wish I would have earlier) and noticed that company along with many others with a "similar" logo. I like the logo and based the company name off of it. What would you do and why? Need to figure this out before too much is invested in the logo (like truck lettering and shirts)

Page generated in 0.04540 seconds with 7 queries