View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Member

OK, I was just confused about the two companies. I know you didn't ask for this sort of advice, but in general it's good to specialize. I mean, what's next, are you going to start a garage door company? Dog walking?

Why did you decide to branch out into landscaping and lawn care (which in themselves are two very different things) from the fence building business. You don't have to answer, just think about it.

That's good that you're getting licensed. Being a licensed fertilizer applicator though is not the same as a pesticide applicator, as you well know.

I know I'm being hard on you, but it's good to have criticism that isn't sugar-coated. The people who were saying along the lines of "you spelled that word wrong" and such in regards to the door hanger are missing the point. You need to start over, or have someone else do it. If I got that on my door, I wouldn't even consider hiring you. It gives me the impression you are not specialized, meaning you offer a lot of services, but don't do any of them well. And that's without even knowing you have a deck business too.

I do tree and lawn chemical applications exclusively, and I find it difficult to be an expert in just these two areas. I would prefer to just do tree treatments- I feel spread thin, knowledge-wise, keeping up in both fields. How can someone do all those things you list?

Page generated in 0.03222 seconds with 7 queries