View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not sure what material you are trying to severely hinder, by weed whacking, but any lawns that are tilled up around here, the biggest problem is always the clumps of roots... they make for bumpy seed beds that get bumpier when they 'settle' and if they are undesirable they will grow back and create competition that way... busting up the tops may very well solve some of that problem so it doesn't hurt to do so,,, IMO..

I don't worry about micros so much for cool-season grasses as it has never been an issue for anyone in the business, to my knowledge... a decent soil with adequate SOM and water/air ratio will allow for the root hairs and their symbiotic microbes to get most of the nutrients the plant needs from the soil, if not all of it...

Keeping the nutrients on your turf is best done by mulching the clippings back onto the lawn... I'm not sure how you think about that, but it is a good idea to recycle nutrients that way...

Page generated in 0.04562 seconds with 7 queries