View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,033 can be tricky at first. A lot of companies want a minimum of 3 years experience and claims history before they will insure you. Also, not all companies operate in all areas. I ended up going with a local independent agent and National Grange Mutual as the underwriter at first but am with Peerless now. Grange accepted by construction oversight/management experience in my former career as relevant experience. Who you go with will be limited somewhat by what you choose to do...whether you're going to do tree work, pesticide applications, snow removal, etc. I have my larger equipment insured for loss and a 1 mil/2 mil aggregate liability policy. Also if you're going to be using a personal truck for the business be sure to get a rider on your policy for business use of it.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03835 seconds with 8 queries