View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Taking a break from working on my site... some thoughts:

Way too much whitespace, what it is your company does isn't exactly clear until you get near the bottom of the page. Even on a 24" monitor I have to scroll to get to your content.

You essentially have two headers. 1) the banner at the top and 2) the text section above the photos. The "We are all the stewards of our earth" doesn't mean anything to me, yet it's essentially the first bit of content on the page (It also might be a little off putting depending on your market- the "anti hippy" types ). Slogans are fine, but they shouldn't be the focus. You should be able to convey all this information in one section the size of your banner.

"assisted facility maintenance management services" is a mouthful. The sentence in the bottom section of the page is way clearer. I'd go with something like "Local Grand Prairie Texas company with over 30 years of experience in facilities maintenance and management"

The first impression I get is that you're a company that focuses on commercial work. If I'm a residential customer, I'd probably land, leave and move on to my next search result.

The photo section is nice, but a general usability rule of thumb is that you shouldn't have to explain to the user what to do. I'd make the entire photo clickable as a link and use the title field describe where the link takes the user (also the organic vegetable pic isn't the proper size/resolution for the space allocated)

No email address listed. You have a phone number, but no email address. If I'm looking for something on the web I'm probably going to be more inclined to email them than I would be to phone.

On your residential page, you have an extra <em> tag that isn't closed so the entire bottom half of the page is in italics.

Finally I'm not sure about the 3 services blocks at the bottom repeating on every page. Personally I think it's better to have each page focus on what it's about with clear navigation to the other topics. Repeating the same text dilutes the content and isn't exactly seo friendly.

Hope that helps a bit.

Page generated in 0.03613 seconds with 7 queries