View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you're doing cool-season grasses like KBG, then you might want to fertilize after your second mowing... if you need to sow seed in the Spring , do that as soon as you see bare ground during the Winter... You can put down something like Milorganite for the hot Summer months, because it won't burn or overstimulate your grasses during the time that they are in 'survival mode'...

Then as summer ends start up the fertilizer again and time it to be all used up before the ground freezes... you might apply fert twice after Summer if there's enough rain...
Overseediing can start at this time also, and may continue right up to dormant seeding and the first big snowfall...

I like to spray the weeds and that can be done onlywhen they are actively growing, of course,,, so Spring and Fall are actually best for post-emergent, and I never use pre-emergent on turf...

Where are you in IL??? I don't know if your state has a transition zone or not...

Page generated in 0.03327 seconds with 7 queries