View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Is it me? Am I the jerk?

Hey Fellas,

So I gotta put this out and I am open to all comments. I have been on this site & other sites that many of you belong to, so I feel good about the responses I will get......here goes.....

I do not live in a neighborhood, but on a flag lot behind 2 homes off a back, windy road....no other place I'd rather live. It's quiet and the side of my property is wooded and dark at night. I have a gravel driveway that runs perpendicular to the common lane that connect the other homes to the road...as I said, its a flag lot. So here's my *****.......

You need to back out of my driveway and do a 3 point turn to get to the common drive. The neighbor across from me even has an asphalt turn around to make this easier for people to turn around. There are a handful of people, mainly my wives friends, that do a short 3 point turn and cut across my lawn and cut the corner by about 8 feet. Now once in a while, no big deal, but I am starting to notice that the edge of the lawn/gravel is getting compacted & muddy. I politely remind people that there is a turn around when they leave. My wife made a joke that I am turning into "that guy"!

Here's what really irritates me....I OWN A LANDSCAPE COMPANY....PEOPLE PAY ME GOOD MONEY TO MAKE SURE THERE LAWNS/PROPERTIES LOOK THEIR BEST AT ALL TIMES. WHY THE *&$# WOULD YOU THINK IT IS OK TO DRIVE ON MY LAWN WHEN IT HAS BEEN RAINING FOR 2 DAYS?!?

My one wife's friend works in a Burn Unit. I told my wife that her friend driving on my lawn is like me waiting outside the burn unit & throwing battery acid on a patient on there way out after a therapy session!!

Sorry for the rant, but I have had to politely ask 4 people to try and avoid the lawn multiple time...but it does not sink in.

Again...I just needed to vent....Time's Yours....

Page generated in 0.04007 seconds with 7 queries