View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Why do you do this???

I read a lot of stuff on this forum about how much this industry sucks. Drought, Lowballers undercutting you, lack of respect, overhead... the list is a mile long. Maybe we all just need a place to vent and this is the place. I also meet a lot of other lco's and its not uncommon for those who have been in the game for about 10 years to be bitter and mad at the world. So my question is,

Does anybody enjoy doing this? why?

I do. I love being my own boss. The fact that the more I put into this the more I get out of it, where as the more I put into another job the mroe someone else gets out of it. I may not be able to make my own schedule, but I do have some flexibility, especially in the winter months. I never hit a ceiling with nowhere to go. I can always grow, add more services, etc.

I'm only 29, been doing this type of work 7 years and have had my own company for 3 going on 4 years. Maybe I'm still to new to the game. It would be nice to hear of someone who has been doing this over 10 years who makes a good living and still enjoys their job.

Page generated in 0.04061 seconds with 7 queries