View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
I ventured here for my annual peak in. I agree with you on this and have talked with reps on this exact thing. Same old thing. I did not send my guys this year as we did other training events, I just can't find the underlying value to it. You can only jam new material so much until people get tired of it. My suggestion is to curtail these amount of road showcases down by 50%. Look at your top 10-15 locations and expand it to a two day educational arena. Charge something for it, minor fees, so you dont end up with hardscape rats. People will migrate to where they can learn. Theres only so many free jackets and stuff you need. Techo is known for innovation and listening so lets see if they switch this up. If they don't someone else will take the lead with this, watch.
Howdy Ja-rod! Hey, I did receive the e-mail you sent me, at that time I had a problem with my Outlook, it wouldn't let me send e-mails out, and time got away from me.

Honestly, I was thinking a 2 day event may be the way to go as well. So its neat to hear you come on and say similar.

Techo-bloc is also all over the board. I'll explain:

Pete has made it very clear that they want the high end, big dollar projects. He has explained that their catalog is purposely engineered to attract people with dollars.

Ok, well, then, these jobs are not usually awarded to start up companies. These types of jobs are typically awarded to those who are veteran contractors, are established, and have been around the block.

But if you think about the bulk of Techo's Showcase (as ETWman has already realized) - Pete is preaching door hangers. He's preaching mailer cards. He's preaching why to use bedding sand instead of stone dust. He's preaching what size compactor to use. Year after year. He is spending an emense amount of the show going over stuff that 70% of the audience has already mastered 5 to 20 years ago! A veteran contractor doesnt want to pay for door hangers and mailer cards with someone elses work on it. If we have to pay for something its going to have our jobs! Seriously, after 2008, 2009, and 2010 - any contractor that is still in business obviously KNOWS HOW TO MARKET and KNOWS HOW TO OPERATE A BUSINESS.

Why is the show focused so much towards the start up guy and in the same breath they're saying they want only the upper tier jobs and clients???!! The two do not go hand in hand.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Page generated in 0.03412 seconds with 7 queries