View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

productivity is always going to be a huge debate in this industry. Which set up is best for you is normally based on a per day route. IF you have small and large properties on the same day, then bring a large and small mower.

My ideal productivity uses two different trailer set ups with the same trailer. If you are loading and unloading your trailer every day, it wont be too much effort to change the set ups each day of work. I schedul small properties mon-tuesday, and large properties thurs and friday. Wednesday is when the trailer is packed with all the mowers to get the large properties with small back yards and the yards the medium sized and in between properties that need more than one mower.

Mon- Tuesday set up

-12ft trailer
-(1) Exmark 21" Mower
-(2) 48" turf tracers
-(2) Stihl FS 90r trimmers
-(2) Redmax 3060s edgers
-(2) Redmax ebz8500 blowers

Wednesday Set up
-16 foot trailer
-(1) Exmark 60" Lazer
-(2) 48" turf tracers
-(1) Exmark 21" mower
-(2) Redmax 3060s edgers

Thursday Route:
-12ft trailer
-(2) Exmark 60" Lazers
-(2) Redmax 3060s edgers

This gives us best productivity without lugging around all five mowers all the time. The only way i would do it differently is if i was using an npr with an 18 foot bed plus a dovetail so i could carry everything without a trailer. I wouldnt trust my guys with a huge trailer in the small areas we work. Our rig is almost 38 feet long as it is with a 16 foot trailer.

Insured and Licensed

Page generated in 0.03665 seconds with 7 queries