View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 04:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsquadnc View Post
Google and look at the soil survey for the area you are working to find out what you need to use to help the soil. If its your on property you could get a soil sample done.
Thinking more along the lines of building SOM and soil structure, but I have some lawns that are sandier than others and need to adjust accordingly... at least I believe I do...
Recycling the clippings helps all of them but that goes only so far, and I've even gotten to the point that additional compost doesn't make a big difference anymore either...

I've read a claim about soils structure under turf doesn't change easily and perhaps not at all, but I would like to see better perculation on some lawns and better water retention in others...

Therefore wondering if anyone out there noticed if any changes were taking place in the soils in regards to product used... corn meal for exa., does it build structures in sandy soils??? I might give that a try this coming year to increase water holding capacity on one sandy lot... there's compost there already, but still unimpressive...

Page generated in 0.04051 seconds with 7 queries