View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddixon7 View Post
i've phased out 48" mowers a long time ago. Almost have my 52" mowers phased out. I can pretty much mow anything on my list with a 60" turf tracer, except a few gates. The only real reason i keep 52" mowers is because in some delicate spots, it is easier for my guys to not tear stuff up with them. Plus, i find that a 52" hp (s-series) throws thick/wet spring grass a little better than a full size 60" turf tracer. However cut quality is not as good with the 52" vs. 60" (especially thinner summer grass). Maybe it is because of the shorter blades, or maybe its because the deck isn't as good on the hp version.

If i could only go at it with two mowers, it would be a 36" of whatever make and a 60" turf tracer.
yea i thought about downsizing my set up but some of my larger properties have fenced in back yards the i can get a 52 in with the chute up but there is no way to get a 60 and the fenced in areas are quite large so i deffinatly need to keep a 52 in my line up for those lawns that is the most efficient size , now out side the back gated area i just use the 60. Thanks for the info though it gives me some ideas.

Page generated in 0.04432 seconds with 7 queries