View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Warning, warning, warning!! You sound like me when I first started plowing. If you're taking 18 to 20 hours to do your route with the type of storms we've had in the last couple years, you're wayyyyy overbooked in my opinion. If we get a blizzard, you are screwed. You will not be able to get to your accounts during the storm, so you'll be doing all of them with 18 inches or so of snow on them. It will take you 3 or 4 days, if your truck survives! You need to tighten and weed out that route and keep it under 10 hours for a normal storm...just an opinion from someone who's been there. If anything, that second truck should be a backup....
you are absolutely right, I just can't take myself to drop a customer. they all pay in a timely manner for the most part. And the order i do them is the order they need to be out by, so the ones that are retired get done last, and everyone gets done end of storm, unless there is a big storm and it snows hard for 6 hours and its still snowing at 6am and there's 6" of snow and they need to get out to go to work then i will do the driveway before it stops but if it keeps snowing i will do it again and charge them a full second price. not half but 100% of the price. Some are lawn customers and if I drop them for snow they may drop me for the spring/fall clean ups and lawn.

Page generated in 0.04355 seconds with 7 queries