View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

on my yard i put my stonewall down kinda early last year. i did a split app.. put down 1st one last week in january, and the 2nd app end of febuary. my lawn looked pretty good last year. http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13 I worked as a lawn tech for a while for different companies. trugreen, king green.. orkin.., i have had to break alot of the old habits i was taught at trugreen and orkin (orkin was the worst). but as i remember from my many years as a lawn tech, the smell of pre-m in january.. lol. we had many customers to get to so we definetly had to hit the ground running ASAP every year.. i just don't remember very many problems from an early split pre-m app, i always put down thorough apps, and my service calls and cancel rate were always very low.

I can't find a cheaper place than JDL right now. i hear howards is cheaper but when i talked to them they said they wouldn't deal with me unless i bought a full pallet.. i'm small potatoes. I get alot of my liquid weed control from pesstrong.com. They are in duluth and its free shipping, gets to me overnight much of the time. JDL had dimension 2ew for 200, pesstrong.com had it for 140. JDL came down 60 dollars on the price to match it this time. i still go to JDL for granular.. its all i can do until i have enough customers to buy in bulk and save... i'm on cobb/paulding line.. i'm open for any suggestions to not have to go to JDL. i hate to talk bad about people, but the guy i dealt with at JDL couldn't understand the dimension 2ew label.. and that kinda bugged me... alot. he could have been stoned i think..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfjoe View Post
I live in Columbus Ga, we don't have the largest selection of places to go. I am not a professional landscaper either, JDL is about the only place I know where to get quality products. I don't want to go back to using Scott's turf builders. I have got good results using Lesco, and $28 with tax for a 50lb if preM isn't to bad for me. The fert I buy from them in the spring and summer is around $33 which is $15 cheaper than Scott's at the box stores.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04478 seconds with 7 queries