View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
I know you think insurance is too expensive. What happens if you severely injure someone while mowing? If you are broke now think of what will happen if you have to pay six figure medical bills for someone else.
You have a good point, and I agree with it to a certain level. The way I look at it, since I will most likely be running it all by myself for now, I feel the likeliness of somebody getting hurt is reduced. There is always a risk with everything one does.

When it gets to the point where I need to hire people to work for me, that is another story. You do have a point, I really shouldn't risk it especially when it comes to other people. Getting insurance sounds pretty serious from the feedback I have gotten so far. Like I said, it is something that I would like to have, but I am just not made of money (yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
I pay $400 a year for a 2 mil policy. It's pretty darn cheap.
Wow, that's really not that bad at all. If you don't mind me asking, how big is your business? It sounds like 2 mil of coverage is a pretty high number for a 1 man business. I will look into this with my current insurance company though. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
I'm out...I don't help guys who don't want to run legitimate businesses. And if you're mom is a professional accountant, I'd ask her about that stuff. Best wishes though, and I really mean that.
Well thanks for your input, I really mean that as well. Just to let you know, its not that I don't want to run a legitimate business, its that I don't think I can afford to run a legitimate business. After I make a little bit more money, I would like to purchase insurance and all that stuff, but with where I am at now I need to utilize every dollar I have and basic equipment outweighs insurance to me. I understand where you are coming from, non-legitimate businesses are frowned upon and unfortunately I am going to have to deal with that negativity until I can afford it. Gotta do what ya gotta do man.

Also, I do plan to ask my mom on tax stuff, I just figured that since you are in the industry you might be able to give me advise from a business point of view. No sweat though.

Page generated in 0.05813 seconds with 7 queries