Thread: Kohler 29 EFI?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
You can add 2 hp to an efi engine, in other words, a 29 efi will perform equally to a 31 hp carburetor type engine rated by the SAE J1940 standard. This means with Kohler still using to old hp rating standard (SAE J1940), they are allowed to list their hp rating to within 15% of actual checked hp without an air cleaner or muffler. Their hp may not fall the full 15%, but only means this is allowed.

By explaining that fuel injection adds hp to an engine from a performance standard, you will understand why the FX1000V engine I have on my 72" is listed at 35 hp, whereas when you move to the FX1000V-DFI you gain 2 hp, and now have the fuel injected model which Kawasaki lists at 37 hp.
I took the new HP numbers for each engine right from their sites puppy. The 29 Kohler is still not the equal of the FX850 even though it is fuel injected. The torque numbers are even farther apart.

I'll be glad when the day finally comes where they are all EFI/DFI.

Page generated in 0.03516 seconds with 7 queries