View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 PM
WestGaPineStraw's Avatar
WestGaPineStraw WestGaPineStraw is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Carrollton, Georgia
Posts: 762
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
you get your pesticide applicators license first (cat. 24). then after that you just gotta get proof of the insurance coverage and you can apply for the contractors license which costs a little extra. i got the books from UGA extension, it was 40. you just call up and they send it to you, i paid over the phone. i studied for a month then scheduled the test. it was really, really easy IMO. there is a big book, and a smaller book.. the smaller book was the one that seemed the most important to know inside and out for the test. the big book was just repetitive, but common sense stuff about safety and labels, etc.. i read through that once. and studied the turf and ornamental book many times.. lots of good info in there too.

there are a few informative threads on here about the ga pesticide exam.

as far as i know nothing else special for a mow and go operation other than your regular business license. i formed an llc and got a biz license with the county i'm in.
Exactly what he said!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03810 seconds with 8 queries