View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's an easy one. The OEM wavy mulchers by far. I've run the G6's on both non MOD and now my MOD deck(s), and under a non MOD deck, they are the cat's arse. Under the MOD, not nearly so much. I switched to the OEM wavy mulchers and couldn't be happier with their performance. They handle leaves and grass both, better than any ohter blades I've tried with the MOD closed.

I've posted this several times along with some pics, but I made myself some extended baffles that replace the two removable baffles under the deck between blades. Mine are identical in shape, but they are longer so they close the gap off much better between the end of the baffles plates that are removable, and the swinging baffles that are part of the MOD system. Now each blade truly mulches in its own chamber, and I don't get all the windrowing along the right side in thicker/longer grass or heavier leaves. There's a LOT less blowout with the MOD closed too.

Page generated in 0.03785 seconds with 7 queries