View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmtn View Post
I had the nicest diesel truck i could imagine for towing. chevy 4500 and regularly had 9 tons behind it. When i got rid of that machine i didn't need the chevy to tow it and sold it and it's note and went back to using my old c65 chevy gasser. it's a paid for $4500 truck. the milage sucks but it pulls fine. a little slower but can tow whatever i put behind it. also, is legal to carry more weight than the 4500. purchase price considered and the premium to buy diesel at he pump over gas i haven't looked back. these trucks are a dime a dozen and may make sense particularly when just starting. you'll be spending plenty of money on a mini ex and skid, save some where you can. also, I'm not thinking there are many mountains around chesapeake beach, so it's not like a tough towing area. a gasser will do fine. the downside to the larger truck is the cdl issue, not that big a deal to get one but it is an issue. Good luck,
Out of curiosity, what engine is in your C65? Do you have an idea what you fuel mileage is?

Page generated in 0.03272 seconds with 7 queries