View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 02:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Obviously there is such thing as a lowballer. The only reason this is even considered by many people is because everyone has a different opinion of what a lowballer is. I have a fully insured and legal business. Other people do not, and therefor they can charge a lower number than I can. I know of a few "lowballer" companies (by company I mean solo operations) around here and they are all (no offense intended) extremely trashy people who are very rude and have nothing at all to show for their work.They drive around in their old POS truck (or minivan) and work while smoking without their shirts on. They just do it because they "think" they are making money.

I am not speaking for every region of the country but around here, the people who are considered lowballers are the ones driving around in old trucks that do not pay anything and have no common sense because of the fact that they do no realize that they are not making any money, and they do not last, or they do not pay taxes or insurance.

Dont take offense to when I said driving around in old trucks, because I do the same, non of my equipment is even from the last two decades. But I am a fully legitimate business and I know my expenses, so I charge accordingly, or at least fair market value. The ones who say "there is no such thing as a lowballer" are the ones who do not know what they should charge and are trying to defend themselves.

But then again everything needs to be put into perspective, because honestly, I have been called a lowballer even though my prices are almost always in the top or middle of the pack, just because I got a bid over someone who was just a little more than me.

In my opinion a "Lowballer" is someone who has no idea of the cost to do business and the ones who are not fully insured and legitimate.
2002 F250 supercab 5.4
2005 Exmark 52" Lazer Z HP
2013 Gravely Pro-Turn 460
2004 Exmark Metro 48" Walkbehind
redmax and Husky blowers and trimmers
1990 John Deere small tractor
2012 8.5x18 with a 3' V Enclosed trailer

Page generated in 0.04360 seconds with 7 queries