View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
Lowballer to me isn't about their pricing, its that they usually don't have the insurance, licensing, and sometimes even the equipment necessary to do the job. Hack is a better term for these types. I have em in the town where I do business. Heck an unlicensed dude sprays the townhome complex right next to my house, and waves to me at the same time. Ignorance is bliss or so they think.....
I'm with you DA......when I think lowball I think scrub and when I think scrub it's not necessarily about prices. could be no insurance, no license or using home owner grade equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H & M Yard Improvements View Post
6 employees and charging $35 a lawn?

You charge $25 a lawn?

Good luck to you and your buddy! I would go out of business if I charged that little!
Posted via Mobile Device
well your a great example when I say the market varies from location to location. me and my friend are both from IN and we both run very successful businesses.

I've been at it now for 7 years and my buddy has been doing it for 13 years.

those are the min prices though. doesn't mean every lawn I have is $25. for it to be $25, I'm probably in and out in 30 min or less and most likely using a 21 incher or 36" walkbehind.

my average lawn is $32.

Page generated in 0.04011 seconds with 7 queries