View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
One strategy that I have found effective is to irrigate one day,, when the surface has dried,,, until the water begins to puddle and make mud at the surface... the next day I check to see how deeply that water penetrated through the night and see it the roots have been satisfied...
If not I take note which areas, or zones, could use a little more and that is turned on the second time in 24hrs... Once that is determined I'm able to set a system of watering up that focusses on the needs of the plant... It gives me clues to perculation, retention and rootzone vitality...

The goal of course is to create a positive soil structure right at the surface that doesn't require watering 2 days in a row... The puddling is a SYMPTOM of poor soil structure(esp. plating on the surface) and that is the focus of this thread...
I can not sell my experiences to a customer on the phone. As I cannot try to convince anyone here that my way should be there's and IM NOT. I just discuss my experiences. I love this industry and enjoy conversations pertaining to it. But I would rather talk than to type disagreements. I will invite conversion with ( 407-538-6380 ). I will not bite, but also will not tolerate biting. If you enjoy gentlemen conversation. Call. I'm always making new Friends, hope you will be one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03440 seconds with 7 queries