Thread: Spring Clean Up
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I go over every lawn with a blower as soon as the turf is free of snow and the grass itself has thawed at the surface... this prevents suffocation and clears up snow mold... I put down seed in the bare spots so the freeze/thaw cycle gets them planted and start to grow before the 2nd mowing... fertilize after 2nd mowing... I personally never put pre-m on turf, but if I did it would be for CG and therefore after the 3rd mowing...
When you imitate the big companies like TGCL, you get your timing to be less than ideal... the REASON those companies are "out of sync" with the life of the turf,,, is becuz,,, They have to squeeze lots of applications in that narrow window of time...
We have to wait for all the leaves to come off the oak trees and stop blowing around b4 wasting too much time on final cleanup of the landscaping...
You might want to reconsider removing OM from your lawns... that is another misconception about what is right/wrong about lawncare... think about the need for OM in the soil...

Page generated in 0.03665 seconds with 7 queries