View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfmd101 View Post
I know all about your tools and methodologies.
Actually, you have made it clear you do not, but whatever dude, think what you want.

Quote:
These items lack one thing my brain has,,, reasoning and ability to problem solve with wisdom. I can think... Tools can not.
Case in point.

Quote:
Turfgrass has many stages of signs of drought, before drought damage occurs. Slight wilt, folding foliage to lessen its exposure to the sun, discoloration due to harsh drought. I do not teach to water right before death. That would be foolish.
If you think damage to the plant is not occurring as a result of repeated severe drought stress, you need to do some research.

Quote:
The tools you mention, like say a rain guage. It is only set to turn off a system after a certain amount of rainfall or applied moisture perceived. If it turns off a system. It has no way of knowing what may cause drought, like say 35 mph wind the next 5 days created major dehydration. Does the sensor know environmental causes of drought daily or weekly? No. But my brain does.
Case in point again. I didn't mention any tool or device or anything of the sort. Further, a rain gauge can save tremendous amounts of water depending on what part of the country you live in. It is not used to measure applied water, nor it is used to measure ET. Why would you attempt to use a rain gauge in this fashion, that is unless you don't know what they are used for or how to use them?

In addition to that, I have never stated on any forum that a site can be irrigated properly without monitoring as you have suggested. However, I also understand that technology has allowed us to irrigate far more effectively and efficiently without having the need to be on every site daily, which is what your "wait till wilt" method requires.

Last edited by Kiril; 02-06-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Page generated in 0.03902 seconds with 7 queries