View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones68 View Post
I carry a 56" lazer, 48" metro, 36" metro and a 21" craftsman i very rarely use the 21 very rarely. the 36 can get through all of my gates. i use the 21 for ditch lines and extremely steep inclines. i actually have a rope i can clip on to it and i have to sit on the top of the hill and lower the mower down the hill and pull it up over and over and over to mow an area on 1 of my yards. its faster than using the trimmer and easier on the ankles. i was bringing and wearing a pair of football cleats to try and stand on the hill. after about 3-4 good falls with the trimmer i had to figure something else out. where i am its all mountains steep inclines is all we have.
I saw a guy doing that on a steep bank in front of his house. Instead of letting it down and pulling it back up he was walking across the top on the flat and mowing horizontal. I was driving by so I didn't get a great look but it looked like he had fabricated some bars to the deck to keep it from flipping. He had also removed the handle.

Page generated in 0.05620 seconds with 7 queries