View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
How do you handle the morning dew on the grass with early morning mowing 7-9am ish and not be forced to bag clippings...?

With the pending demise of other profitable yet tedious business I'm expanding 40-60% this season...still as a solo based op but hopefully a few PT folks who can pitch hit here and there. Time will tell....
Posted via Mobile Device
Due to cold nights and hot days here in NH the dew sometimes lasts until 11am! It is critical to have a mower that mows in wet conditions to survive. This is why I dont understand why so many people dont research or even demo in wet conditions before buying equipment. I find double cutting a huge waste of time and money and rarely have to do it. I start at 7 am and even mow in the rain until the ground gets to soft. There are a few decks I have found that allow me to mow and not double cut. The Velocity, X-Factor and 7 Iron come to mind first as the best all around decks at least on northern grasses. Exmark continues to dominate the northeast despite horrible clumping in wet grass. Every morning I pass the coffee shop on the way to work and its full of guys waiting for the grass to dry. I always think to myself why would you run a business that way?
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03965 seconds with 7 queries