View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysmowing View Post
lots of questions to answer on this one. I will do my best and sorry for hijacking this thread. Never tried a a stander with the foldable platform. I've heard on here that you will never use it but that's just hear say. I have a vride and a rh wright. Both are good but i like the vride better. In all fairness the rh wright is not a apples to apples comparison to the v ride. The zk wright are comparable to the v rides and might be better on hills. Never tried one. It takes a couple of weeks to get good with a stander that's why people that demo them for a day or two don't like them most of the time. The first couple of times i used mine on hills i thought i just wasted 6k. I didn't start loving the vride till i took the front weight off. Unlike you i have zero time with a hydro walk behind. I probably won't ever just because what happens when you are mowing a steep bank that is barly walkable and you slip and fall? Does the mower go down the hill in to cars houses fences?? I know on my belt wb i have zero control when the mower is uphill and the controls are over my head. If that makes sence.
posted via mobile device
the hydro walk behinds are fantastic in my opinion , they will mow anything that you can walk on as long as it is not real rough , very little slidding , and i use the controls that are like a zero turn mower so if you let go the mower will die out and roll very slow due to hydro system to the bottom of the hill , but its nothing like the gear units we have had a couple because i picked them up cheap and they were awful , the only downside to the walk behind is well the walking part , they pull sulkys very well but hills are challenging with the sulky's and long hours on a sulky can get old, plus you can not go in reverse with the sulkys to well and for some reason raising and lowering that sulky is very anoying to switch from walk to ride , thats why i am looking at the standers very seriously , but if they cannot do the job of the walk behinds im not for shure if it would be worth it to have one , but anyhow thanks for your info.

Page generated in 0.04165 seconds with 7 queries