View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
"Hello, you have reached Four Seasons Lawn Care. Today is Monday, June 18th and we are in the office today. We currently have a special offer on summer fertilization and weed control services. If you are interested in learning how we can get rid of all of the weeds in your lawn, let us know. Please leave a detailed message and someone will call you back before 9:00 pm. Thank you for calling Four Seasons where we always do our best to give you the very best.
I really don't think somebody is going to re-record all that every day just to change the day and date. Going to get old real quick. I was in the business phone system business and sold many voice mail systems. One of the things we would do is recommend that the main greeting be professionally recorded which can be done at minimal cost. Many of the guys and gals who do the radio commercials you are familiar with do this stuff on the side and can make you sound like a million bucks. Check out www.ilaudio.com

I also recommend that you keep it short and sweet or you risk people hanging up. While your script isn't bad, I would do something like this:

Thank you for calling Four Seasons Lawn Care. We are in the office today but presently handling other calls. Please leave a detailed message and someone will call you back before 9:00 pm. We currently have a special offer on summer fertilization and weed control services. If you are interested in learning how we can get rid of all of the weeds in your lawn, let us know. Again, thank you for calling Four Seasons, where we always do our best to give you the very best.

It's always best to tell the caller how to leave a message first rather than make them listen to a sales spiel then tell them there is no one to answer their call.

Page generated in 0.03580 seconds with 7 queries