View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreyn1812 View Post
My local BobCat dealer just started handling the RedMax and he is very high on the 8500. Ran into him the other day and he now has a demo unit he wants me to try. After reading all of the above and reviewing the specs & reviews on the RedMax web site, looks like I will have to stop by and check it out. I have a Husky 170BT backpack blower and it doesn't come close to the specs on either of the RedMax or Stihl 600, but it does a really good job with the heavy leaves we get around here. I will probably be somewhat concerned about the weight though. My Husky is not the most comfortable thing to haul around on my back for long periods & the RedMax seems to be pretty similar weight. I like the lighter weight of the Stihl without a substantial drop in either volume or speed of air output.
The Husky is worth looking into, the BR600 is a great all around backpack blower. It may not be the most powerful but it starts right up, not too loud, not too heavy, and sips the fuel compared to the Redmax. Now if you are one of those guys who has to have the biggest and the baddest whatever it is, then the Redmax 8500 is the blower for you. If you have an application where you need the power of a walk blower but don't want to use a walk blower then the EBZ8500 is for you. If you have any back issues do yourself a favor and pass on the biggest baddest backpack blower on the market (Redmax EBZ8500).

Page generated in 0.03342 seconds with 7 queries