View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I did avoid this question. My current job wants me to move 3 hrs away. I currently work as shipping manager, making decent money $20/hr, yr round, and install docks in spring after work and on weekend and remove in fall on weekends only. Dock install is on largest lake in twin city area, lots of money on lake. Pull in extra $15,000/yr after paying buddies $30/hr to help, to work weekends and after day job every night til dark in spring time and weekends only in fall. Hoping I would have more time to install docks and get more accounts with lawn care biz, as moving 3 hrs away would make dock install a serious pain in ass but still possibly doable. Maybe have dock custies as future lawn care clients.
I do need the equipment and would take out a $40,000 loan initially to get some extra cash and not dip into savings. Lawn care accounts are 45 minutes away from lake, other side of town, so thinking I would need a full days work on lake (8-12 resi accounts) to make it worth mowing around lake.
Lawn care's main employee ($17/hr)would hopefully stay with to help out transition.

Page generated in 0.03297 seconds with 7 queries