View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok. here's my two cents about standers vs. walkbehinds. I have used both, s belt drive walkbehind and a John Deere stander. Both have there place. The Deere on hills is unbeatable. I have mower over grown grass going at a good clip and it never even bogged down. The trick is going horizontal on the hill or at and angle if your machine doesn't want to do the hill. I also love the fact that if I want to get off, all I have to do is set the break and turn off the blades. Also, I think you have much better visibility with a stander since you are a little higher up vs. a walkbehind, your behind the machine. Now, yes, I am looking into a 36" walkbehind. I am because of a: they are a little cheaper, b: save room and weight on the truck and trailer, and c: you can maneuver them a little bit better than a stander. I have one job where I have to use my push mower since i have two long, awkward steps I have to over come. With a walkbehind, I'd be able to have the control to go over these steps and cut my time in half. But as for running a walkbehind as a main mower, I can see that being a real pain. I have never used anything bigger than a 48" but for the price, why walk when you can stand. But that's just me.
36" Bobcat
46" JRCO Thatcher
JRCO Aerator
Echo handhelds
Red Max Backpack
Sthil saws

Page generated in 0.04349 seconds with 7 queries