View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamYardsale4 View Post
yea i totally agree but thats how the homeowner wanted so I didn't have much choice! I tried not to influence him much at all because i'm trying to get his lawn for this season I just bought the craftsman edger for this coming season so all those edges were done by hand with a spade shovel, hoping the new walk behind edger will be powerful enough to edge out any future mulch jobs I get. Thanks
Honestly I used to do what the home owner told me. Now I make it clear either it is done right or not at all. The problem is you might get his lawn but your work will speak to the neighbors and if they're not impressed they wont call. I have a Brown Bed Edger. Great for big edging jobs and new beds. But NOTHING edges as clean and as well as a spade and a person willing to put the time in using it. If you buy an edger buy a brown edger. I demoed the others and while they do a decent job they have nothing on the brown. Not only does it edge but it pulverizes small stone and roots to small particles minimizing what you have to dig up.

1999 GMC 2500 4x4 w/ 7'6" Western Unimount
48in Exmark Viking
Honda 21"
2x Redmax String Trimmiers
Redmax Blowers - 8050 & 8001
13hp Billy Goat Walk-behind Blower
Brown Bed Edger
Husqvarna 372XP
Husqvarna 327PT5S
Stihl 026
Snapper Snow Blower
Wheel Barrows & Hand Tools.