View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 08:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfmd101 View Post
I'll bet there's a farmer, who's been farming, 40 plus years. Who probably knows more about soil, throughout his environmental life experiences. Is wanting to set this bickering straight by telling his research, not reading someone else's research STUFF. But its axes dad and the boy must fight his battle. Axe, I get it. It's to bad, more read research written, than those that develop it to writing...
Posted via Mobile Device
Not sure where you were going with this,,, but since the issue of the rain forest were brought up; one thing we(USA) could've done as a helper to the agricultural development into the forest was,,, bring them chippers... stop the "slash and burn" technique, by introducing the alternative known as mulch...

Then when I was studying terra preta, I find out that many areas are solid clay, I thought WOW,,, we didn't think of woodchips building the soil in one area, with the use of mulch!!! even the 'slash and burn' people developed terra preta...
I don't know of a culture in human history that didn't understand mulch and soils as a matter of common sense,,, other than this "educated" one...

Page generated in 0.04829 seconds with 7 queries