View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
If you don't know anything about the lawn business, you really might want to find one you can do some part time work with, or even shadow in return for your services. What you seem to be wanting to do is no different than any other consulting work. To effectively improve something, you need to observe the day to day processes. Blanket questions, such as yours, are fine but, by and large, you'd be surprised by the number of [insert any field/industry] that don't know what they don't know. Observing processes in order to make process improvements is Consulting 101. Picking a niche and taking stabs over the internet isn't the best way to go about it.
Hey tonygreek,

No consulting services being offered here. I don't like dealing with the clients so no worries there. Agreed you can't just pick a niche and try to make a blanket solution it won't work not everybody or industry has the same needs. And quite often many people don't recognize inefficiencies in their industry or business until someone from the outside takes a look with a different set of eyes. It's called muscle memory once you do something for so long you develop habits be they good, bad, or inefficient.

But it's cool I'm here to learn, observe and help where I can.

Take care

Page generated in 0.04284 seconds with 7 queries