View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleC View Post
You also have to remember the larger spray company is buying fert in very large volumes. You may be buying 20-30 bags per round when the large company is buying 20-30 pallets per round.

If your price is higher due to price of fert you need to work on selling your skill and your ability to provide a great service along with a worry free lawn.

If you are already mowing them, they need to be fert customers no question! Your ability to handle "all the customers" needs is a premium and it cost to have that service. People these days are more willing to pay a few bucks more for good service.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes very true. I'm trying to figure out a way to take the focus off the cost per application and go more for a growing season rate for those who I don't generally mow for. Bundle some services etc.

If a non mowing client insists on scalp low mowing, daily irrigation and bagging clippings constantly thus pulling up the slow release fert I just put down or bridge organic based fert.... I don't want them as clients. Also if they don't care if their current appliation Co. leaves dry fert all over walks and drive ways - I'm wasting my efforts on them. My way or the highway.

First applications tend to go down in March here. Need to get this figured out pretty quickly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04065 seconds with 7 queries