View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
As much as I hate to say it I think I may lease a small ford Taurus or fusion hybrid just for the mileage on top of the two trucks.
Just read this statement.

I purchased a 2002 taurus last winter for $2000 for commuting. I currently do this work part time (but I'm serious about it) and in no way could I commute with the V10. That would be a $600+/month fuel bill. This car has "paid for itself" and already saves me around $400 in fuel. Leasing a car is NOT the way to go, in my opinion. Having a $275-$325/month payment then fuel costs. I though of doing that too but doing so would just have equaled the $600/month rather than saving anything. Why pay extra money per month when there are a ton of high mileage units out there for dirt cheap. Even if you replace it every 2 years you would still be ahead. Not to mention you could sell it for at least half if not fully what you paid for it. Put that lease payment in the bank where it can actually do something for you. Then in 10 years of putting $300/month in the bank you can go buy something nice, with cash.

Again just my opinion.

Page generated in 0.03418 seconds with 7 queries