View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Some additional thoughts:

Here in Maryland, I have a business aquaintance who is in the business of building quality, high end pools. High end as in the $500k price range.

He has attended classes on pool design nationally. And he works closely with another high end pool designer from New Jersey.

I see in your photo there is a decent space in the left rear corner of the backyard (facing rear of dwelling.

With that said - one thing my buddy told me is "A well designed backyard with a pool should NEVER have the pool plopped in the center of the house, directly behind the house. Thats what everyone does. Pools should always be worked into corners, offset with the house, etc., but not centered with the house."

Gil - why not move the pool so it fits into the back portion of the left side of the backyard (facing rear of dwelling)?

That would be better architecturally, and it would be better long term.

Like I said - we work around 40 pools a year. Feel free to shoot me a private message if you're wondering what we do with these pools. Something to think about is that pools do not just get constructed and that's it. Over the years pools need repair work. And pools sustain broken drain lines (the pipe from the loewst point of the bottom of the pool). Over a year ago - the DC area sustained a slight earth quake, and yes - many pools took a hit as a result. Broken pipes. Structural damage to the walls. In the event the pool in your design needed repair work of some sort (and trust me, sooner or later it will) - the existance of the proposed wall could really make a problem.

Give some consideration to moving the pool closer to the rear corner of the back yard. I think doing so will give a whole new dimension.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Page generated in 0.04774 seconds with 7 queries