View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin240 View Post
whats a pre emergent im just starting out trying to gather information on everything
If you look into the MO(Mode of Operation)in regards to Pre-M, you would find that it gets drank in by the root of the germinating seedright along with everything else in the soil moisture, including NPK...

So one of the first things this new little seedling ingests is a growth inhibitor... germinating seeds are vulnerable to many things,,, that they must overcome in order to survive...

Therefore it is easy to kill them with a root inhibitor,,, and that is how it works...

if there are gaps in your application of pre-m and a seed germinates in that area, it will not die, becuz there is no herbicide in that spot... this idea of complete coverage is what advertizers/salesmen have coigned as The BARRIER... so beware of allthe mythology that has built up around the pre-m...

And DON'T take my word for it, or anybody else'd word for it... research 'method/mode of Operation', with pre-emergents... other opinions about other 'cides are likely valid, but this one, you'd bettersearch out yourself...

Page generated in 0.03683 seconds with 7 queries