View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 11:41 AM
sehitchman sehitchman is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: West, GA
Posts: 702
Who can file a West Virginia mechanics' lien Claim?

Contractors, subcontractors, sub-subcontractors and suppliers have West Virginia mechanics lien rights. Any person who, under a contract with a general contractor or a subcontractor for a part of the work, and who may furnish materials or other necessary supplies or equipment, shall have lien rights in the state of West Virginia. Architects, surveyors, engineers and landscape architects also have West Virginia mechanics lien rights.

A West Virginia mechanics lien notice must be served upon an owner within 100 days of the furnishing of the last materials, work or services. The 100 day time requirement applies to suppliers as well.

A quick search just showed a company that will file the lein for $280 each. Keep in mind you will need to file one on all four properties. Hopefully you have your invoices broken down showing itemized billing for each one. Just a thought, there surely is a property owner for each property being managed by the scum prop mgt co. You might go to the clerk of courts and check the name of the property owner, unless you know. Give them a personal call and put the pressure on them to get their prop mgt company to pay you. Or your only recourse is to lein their property. Just might work.

You can go to the county clerk of courts and file the mechanics lein on your own, just make sure you have detailed billing for the property and line up your witnesses. Have them write a statement now, before they move or forget what work you did last year.
My wife said "you're on lawn toy restriction"

Last edited by sehitchman; 02-13-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.04233 seconds with 8 queries