View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So this fall doing blowouts I ran into an issue on a well system, losing alot of air into the well. I was able to get the system blown out, but told the homeowner that we needed to install a shut off valve to shut off the well feed to the sprinkler system. So he said yeah while your doing that, see if you can figure out why the ground is always wet around the well. Oh, and how about putting in a faucet 3' or so above the ground that I could run during the winter if needed and fill my pool with it in the summer time. And if possible can you make it a 1" faucet, so I signed up the job.

Got it done today, dug it all up and found that the male adapter going into the well casing had a crack in it and was barely holding on. So I fought with that a while and got the old one out and new one installed, plumbed in the faucet with a check valve in the bottom so it can be ran any time during the year. Isolated the system from everything so the sprinklers don't have to be running when the faucet is on. Drove in a T-Post and strapped the faucet to it so it wouldn't move when the water was on, also stuck some 1 1/4 at the bottom of the faucet to protect it from the trimmer. Another happy customer!

Got alot of PVC shreds in the well getting the old fitting out, so had to flush the line a little bit before I plumbed it all in, I HATE having to clean out valves haha, so just a little insurance!
Name:  Steve1.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  70.5 KB

Name:  Steve2.jpg
Size:  62.2 KB

Name:  Steve3.jpg
Size:  97.3 KB

Name:  Steve4.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  67.9 KB