Thread: Deep Freeze?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
Funny how you specify and preach 38 cuts and "no guessing game" that is as long as it works out in your favor...otherwise you "make it up". I'll stick to my yearly price for lawn service, I know from experience pretty close to how many cuts it will need. Over time it all averages out. I'm not tracking how many cuts I gave and then risking losing a customer over nickel and diming them for a cut or three when I know I cut three less the year before. Plus the time it takes to track and the risk of losing or offending a customer pays for the extra cuts IF YOU DON'T UNDER CUT prices to begin with that is.
I wasn't knocking what you do...not sure where the hostility came from??? I don't make anything up. I give them what they pay for. If 36 cuts happen, they get some time for cleanup work. So they do get their monies worth. I'm just not going to give them an extra 5-6 cuts bc it is a warm winter and things start early. Not sure of your property sizes, but I have some that are an acre and take 2-3 man hours to do....again, I wasn't knocking anyone's practices, just showing that maybe another alternative could have kept a customer that Keith really valued.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03864 seconds with 7 queries