View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Several suggestions that may help:

1. With LED tell the client they can easily add on at a later time. Go to the end of the last fixture, add wire and there you go. No more voltage drop criteria to contend with or hubs. I keep adding on mine at home, same transformer, and just add fixtures. Huge beauty of LED.

2. With LED you can use 14-2 or 16-2 wire. With halogen, depending on runs, your stuck with 10-2 or 12-2. The thinner wire is less expensive.

3. Check with your rep on long term savings on LED versus Halogen. Most have documentation that shows the cost difference long term. I know our FX rep did.

4. Warranty is big for our client. 15 years on the LED fixtures versus 2-3 on Halogen. Keep in mind too that with technology changing the way it is, you may not be able to find parts for a fixture that is 3-4 years old and out of warranty, then their replacing it at full cost out of their pocket. But if it has a 15 yr warranty its not your problem, its the manufacturer. I'd buy that 15 year warranty all day long if I were buying it personally. Imagine if you got a 15 year warranty on your computer?

These are a couple selling points on LED versus Halogen, hope this helps some.

I appreciate all the compliments that many post. I'm not ignoring them, but keep in mind too that I didn't learn everything from looking at trees either. I rely alot on friends, forums, books, and experience. Like I said before never stop learning.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."

Page generated in 0.03905 seconds with 7 queries