View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
If 8 out of 10 technicians take 2 hours to do a repair ...and I did my homework and figgered a way to do the same job ......without compromising quality....in half the time...why should I charge any less..????
Why should I be penalized for being smarter and more efficient..???
You shouldn't be penalized at all.....but reap the rewards for your innovation by charging anything you like with-in reason.....

Who sets the labor times ??? It should be you !!!

Flat rate labor guides are just that.....GUIDES...... They are put together by factory OEM's using brand new equipment right off the end of the assembly line, In a fully equipped AC/heated shop with all the fancy tools laid out across a bench.....Work is performed by people that know the product like the back of their hand......

Want to see higher labor rate "guides" ??? Give these same guys a machine that's lived on a open trailer all it's life in the elements and is beat to snot...... Then see what they'd come up with !!!

Quote:
Once these new procedures or tools become standard practices...I can see the labor hours more accurately reflect the actual time it takes to perform the job..
Are you going to share your innovations ??? I'm certainly not !!!

No matter what new procedures or tools come out..... There will always be a ole coot out there that will innovate better......

Do I over charge my customers ? NO..... I was raised to be a fair person in all aspects, But..... I will not work for less no matter how quickly I can do a job through innovation......

Let's take a landscaper for instance, They get a call from a prospective customer..... This customer wants WXYZ done to their property, Said landscaper uses past experience to make a fair bid (est.) to said customer.

Now..... His bid isn't going to reflect his innovative ways to perform the job.....He's going to stay in the ream of standard practices (prices) of his competition......

Sooo...... Should these guys rant about equipment repairs ???

Some can...... I've read many dealer rip-off threads on here, But....Most can't since we as Technicians operate the in the same manner as them.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannsLawnService View Post
some times the man in my mirror isn't so smart...
"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!

Page generated in 0.03656 seconds with 7 queries