View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
I agree I think i did wait too long, but my truck with 1000lbs of sand in the bed, and with new nitto trail grappler mud/snow tires in september, had some of the best traction next to your truck with 235 snow tires and chains, that your gonna find. my tires are a 285 width and 33" tall so still pretty skinny. with huge deep treads that are self cleaning and really bite down into the snow. I would have liked to go out starting at 6" but by the time i did my last account it would have been 30-35hrs later with just me and one other truck especially once the roads got really bad around 11pm friday night and the town trucks quit or were getting stuck themselves and needed loaders to pull them out, so that was not much of option. i tried driving through close to 2' of unplowed snow way too much effort on my trucks part. I could see enough, but the truck was just struggling too much to go 10-15mph even so i called it quits.
Yeah I hear you. I turned around because one of the state roads was unplowed and I had to be on the throttle too hard. It just wasn't worth it.

I don't know if I mentioned it but this was the first storm I've driven in with a GPS unit and it was a big help. I could see where the road was OK but it was hard to get any feel for where I actually was due to the low visibility...the GPS was a big help with that and alerting me to upcoming turns in the road.

Page generated in 0.04918 seconds with 7 queries