View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee24 View Post
But really those are just 2 of many issues and questions.

So what I wanted to really know is in general - should i be nice to the crew, let them make judgment choices and hope they will be grown men and think?

or should i run a tight ship, make all the choices for them, plan everything, put it in the handbook and fire them if they dont follow the rules.

part of my 3 goals this year is to find, and create a good, moral, happy, and re-usable work force that can be used again the following season.

The good guys really dont need strict rules. and i would like ot keep them happy.

its the rotten apples that need the rules. and ill be hiring almost half new persons this year so you never know what i will end up with.
If you put rules in place, I'd put them in for everybody. If they get pissed, so be it. They'll adapt.

Also, I'd put the basic decisions in the crew leaders hands. They have to know when to do what.

On the lunch thing, thats a huge grey area. If you have a crew slacking off, I'd put a time in place for them and watch them close for a few weeks on GPS around that time if you can.

Page generated in 0.03578 seconds with 7 queries