View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbljack View Post
Not sure if regular posting are necessary, but each month maybe listing what services to consider, monthly specials, stuff like that. Maybe a complete listing of our equipment and listing of services.
You already have a list of services offered on your site, right? And are your clients and prospects really going to care what equipment you have?

When posting to FB you need to ask yourself two things: will my audience care about what I'm about to post? And will they care enough to like this post, comment on this post, and/or share it with their friends? People aren't on FB to do business, they're there to waste time and be entertained. If you can serve up your marketing message in a way that isn't sales-y, you're gold.

FB is a big feedback loop. Tony has mentioned that 16% or so of your fans will see your posts unless you pay for a big ad buy. However, the quality of your post can impact how many people see it! At the end of the day, FB's goal is to keep people interacting w/ FB as long as possible, and they do that by serving up content they think users will want to see. The more people interact with your post, the more will get to see it - and potentially future posts.

I'm lucky in that as a designer, I make my living being a little funky and weird, so I can carry that through to my page. Still everything reinforces my branding message, that I provide awesome landscape design to homeowners and contractors by knowing my plants, knowing my materials and methods, and paying attention to trends. You need to figure out what branding message YOUR FB page is reinforcing,

To illustrate my point, here are screenshots of three posts I've made on FB. The top one is the obligatory happy holiday post that no one cares about because EVERY brand on FB does it. 59 people got to see it, which is probably 59 more than cared.

The second one, I asked a question. Asking questions can be huge. Sometimes it flops, but sometimes it can drive engagement. This one ended up seen by 134 people. Notice one like and 9 comments (some of which were my responses, of course).

The last one is another question, this time asking people to stake out an opinion on something I knew was probably a love it or hate it proposition. 8 likes, 18 comments, and 225 people saw the post.

Now before you get too excited, don't forget that FB isn't really a lead generation platform. but, if you use it to reinforce your brand message, you can stay top of mind with your clients and shape their perceptions of who you are and how you do business.
Attached Images

Page generated in 0.03931 seconds with 8 queries